Thank you for your interest in giving back to our Sac State community! The ASI Food Pantry depends heavily on the commitment of our volunteers and interns.
We have many volunteer opportunities each semester for Sac State students, faculty and staff. Students can also apply to the Food Pantry internship program where they are guaranteed 3-8 hours a week and can earn class credit.
You must be 18+ years old to volunteer.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
Volunteer Sign Up
- Can earn credit for courses, including Service-Learning classes (when approved by instructor).
- Can receive Leadership Initiative certificate credit.
- May complete hours for service-oriented Fraternities/Sororities/Clubs.
- Participate in a community of students who want to better the lives of their peers.
To volunteer during open hours at the ASI Food Pantry, you are first required to attend a training. No more group training sessions are being held for the Spring 2020 semester.
Please message the ASI Food Pantry Coordinator to schedule a one-on-one training.
Help us unload our food deliveries and stock our shelves! No prior training is necessary.
Volunteer at the Pop Up Pantry events where produce is provided to Sac State students in need at no cost. No prior training is necessary.
We are no longer accepting applications for the Spring 2020 term. Please stay tuned for Fall 2020 applications.
Internships are different from volunteer opportunities because our Interns receive more responsibilities and in-depth training about alleviating food insecurity on our college campus. Interns will be guaranteed an agreed amount of hours if they are looking to fulfill a course requirement (when approved by the instructor).
ASI Food Pantry Interns will assist with the following projects and assignments:
- Distribute food to Pantry clients.
- Interact with and assist Pantry clients.
- Receive food donations and inventory Pantry supplies and food.
- Prepare and distribute additional resources to Pantry clients.
- Collaborate with on and off-campus organizations to support the Pantry.
Interns will have the opportunity to work approximately 3-8 hours per week to support the mission of the ASI Food Pantry. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in seminars featuring campus speakers who work on food insecurity and various wellness issues. This is an unpaid internship but will provide hands-on learning and a chance to boost your resume.