Children’s Center Employment & Observations FAQs


How Do I Get a Job at the CC?

We hire for student assistant positions just before each semester begins. Once you know your class schedule, apply online through Dayforce. 

What are the qualifications?

These are the basic qualifications for any student job at the center: 

  • Must be a currently enrolled student at Sac State
  • Per law must be at least 18 years of age
  • Cleared Criminal Background
  • Provide a Current Health Screening
  • Per law, must be able to provide proof of immunizations
  • Able to provide proof of TB Clearance
  • Able to attend mandatory Monday night training meetings

Other jobs like Student Assistant III, Student Assistant IV, and Kitchen Student Assistants may require additional items for employment. 

You do NOT have to be a Child Development Major to work here! We give you the experience and training you need to succeed! 

Do You Have Federal Work Study Jobs?

Yes! If you have Federal Work Study, come and see us. Our jobs are also listed on their Job Board, but can sometimes be hard to spot. Come in and talk to us!

When Do You Hire Students for Work at The CC?

We hire students just before the start of each semester, so August and January.

Can I Do Observations or my Class Assignments at The CC?

Yes. Please review the Guidelines for Observations on our website and if your assignment fits the guidelines, come on in. It is a drop-in basis, no appointment needed.

Are There Any Rules About Observing at the CC?

Yes. There are many! Please review our Guidelines for Observations on our website or come in to the Children’s Center lobby and ask for a copy to read. Do keep in mind that our center will not allow observations on special event days or during the first two weeks of the semester.