How to Volunteer and Join Our Team!
See our current volunteer openings here!
Volunteer opportunities are available for students, staff, faculty, alumni, and the general community!
- Be 18+ years old.
- Have proof of COVID-19 vaccination to volunteer whether you volunteer once or multiple times this academic year (September 2022 – May 2023).
- Sign a volunteer waiver form (good until May 2023).
We have many roles for our volunteers to assist with:
- Restocking and organizing inventory.
- “Shopping” for produce at Sacramento Food Bank.
- Welcoming and explaining how students can use the food pantry.
- Describing best practices for storing and preparing fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Sharing about campus resources for students dealing with different hunger or housing situations.
We track all volunteer hours and can provide volunteer hours verification receipts if you are seeking to:
Earn credit for courses, including Service-Learning classes (when approved by instructor).
Receive Leadership Initiative certificate credit.
Contribute hours for service-oriented Fraternities/Sororities/Clubs.