JotForm and Check Request How To and FAQs


Find appropriate Check Request Form.

  • If the payment is from Club (or Club DOC), use *Please note that only current authorized CAF signers can submit/sign Club Check Requests*
  • If the payment is from an IRA Grant or the State Hornet, please use *Please note that only authorized MOU signers can submit/sign IRA or State Hornet Check Requests*
  • Click here for other forms that may need to accompany the requests above.

Enter the necessary information.

  • Enter name, address, and phone number of payee (person/company/vendor being paid).
  • Enter total amount of payment owed.
  • Enter club/organization/dept. name and account to be charged.
  • Enter a brief, but detailed, description of the purpose of payment, please include date of event if applicable.
  • Only Authorized signers on approved CAF/IRA MOU forms can sign and submit requests. For example, a club’s president, treasurer or like-officer listed on the ASI Club Agreement Form (CAF) or designated authority from the IRA MOU.

Obtain Receipts, Invoices, other Back-up Documentation 

  • Attach original receipts, invoices, and other forms of documentation as described on the back of the check request form. No photocopies allowed.
  • Examples of back up documentation include store receipts, vendor invoices, internet receipts, etc.
  • Other back-up documentation maybe necessary including MOA (for contracted services), W-9 information (for contracted services or new vendors), packing slips, flight itinerary (for travel), etc.

Submit Check Request – Online Form

  • All check requests submittals are made electronically via JotForm:
    • Clubs (and Club DOC) use 
    • IRA requests (and State Hornet) please use
    • Make sure to upload/attach necessary documents via JotForm that will automatically email the completed documents to All requests submitted by Wednesday at 5pm, including all necessary documentation (see below for more instructions), will be processed and mailed* by the following Thursday. Please contact us at 916-278-2231 or email us at the above email if you have any questions. 

      *Please note we check pick-up services are by request only, all checks will be mailed to address provided on requests.

Common Types Of Check Requests and Necessary Documentation


Fill out the appropriate check request and attach the flight itinerary, original boarding passes, travel waiver (if applicable), and proof of conference/seminar (i.e., conference registration). Mileage reimbursements will need a round trip Google map that has Sacramento State as the starting/ending destination as well as proof of conference/seminar/event attendance.

Outside Non-Campus Vendors

Fill out a check request and attach an original invoice that itemizes the items purchased (quotes are acceptable if payment is required in advance, but a Advance Agreement Form will also need to be submitted). If sales tax is not included, the payee (program/club) must pay the applicable tax, ASI will assist in applying appropriate tax. CA tax will be added and paid for from the program/club account. The program/club must also provide verification that items ordered have been received. This can be in the form of a packing slip or simply signing on the invoice stating the items were received.

National or other Membership Dues

Fill out a check request and attach a copy of the application with a list of members or copies of individually signed applications for each member being paid for and make sure the cost per member is included.

Food For Meetings

Fill out a check request and attach the original itemized receipts for food purchased along with proof of payment. All restaurant receipts must be itemized and tips are only reimbursable up to 15% and must be paid via credit card.

Club DOC Funding

Clubs will use the same JotForm link above to submit any reimbursements or payments using their Club DOC money.  DOC Funds are automatically deposited into club account when new CAF form is submitted (per academic year).

There are many other types of payments and ASI Accounting Services is more than happy to assist. Please stop by, call us at (916) 278-2231, or email us at


Why Does ASI Require Original Receipts? What Kinds Of Receipts Are Acceptable?

ASI is your accounting department and we are proud to provide best business practices for all of your transactions. We require original receipts to prevent fraud. The types of receipts that are acceptable are original, fully itemized receipts and/or original invoices. All items purchased must be listed on the receipt. ASI Financial Policy states that alcohol and non-business/personal items are not reimbursable.

Can I Pay With Cash And Still Get Reimbursed?

Yes. In the event of making purchases with cash, the person is reimbursed by providing appropriate signatures, supporting receipts and/or documentation showing proof of cash payment.

What If I Lost A Receipt?

If the original receipt was lost, in place of the receipt, attach a signed memo from your department or organization’s President/Treasurer or Like-Officer stating the date and the nature of the receipt, indicate that all attempts have been made to retrieve the original receipt or a reprinted receipt and provide a detailed list of what was purchased. You can also request a missing receipt form from

Why Do I Need To Submit A Copy Of My Credit/Debit Card, Bank Statement or Cashed Check as proof of payment?

  • Fraud is an all too common problem and one that ASI takes seriously. In order to protect the individual, department and club, ASI requires proof of payment on any items paid with check or credit card to prove that the person who made the payment is the person who is reimbursed. If the receipt or invoice shows the card number, then only a copy of the credit/debit card, with the first 12 numbers blocked out for security purposes, is required.
  • If the receipt/invoice does not have a card number on it, then a copy of the individual’s bank statement is required showing the withdrawal. If the statement does not have the individual’s name but has the account number, then we also need a copy of the card with the person’s name to go with the statement.
  • For payments made with a check, attach a copy of the cashed check from your bank statement online. 

What If I am Paying An Individual For A Service? What Kind Of Documentation Is Needed?

Along with the appropriate check request form, if you are paying an individual or unincorporated company for providing a service, it is considered income to that individual/company and the documentation needed is a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) and a W-9. Examples of services include DJ services, coaching or referee fees, rentals, performances, speaker fees, etc.

What is an MOA and why do I need to attach a W-9 form for the Person Or Vendor?

The MOA is a Memorandum of Agreement which is a binding contract between the party performing the service and the party paying for service that includes an indemnity clause that releases Sacramento State and ASI from any liability in case the contracted party is injured. It includes information such as the location, date and time of the service, and the contractual amount that will be paid to the individual. Along with an MOA, a W-9 form must also be filled out by the individual/company performing the service. This form is used to provide social security or tax ID information that ASI will use to send out a 1099 Statement of Income at the end of the calendar year for any income earned by the individual/company.

Additional Information

Authorized club members can request a club balance report at the ASI Accounting Services front office during business hours or authorized CAF signers can request a balance or club report by emailing Club balances are updated weekly on Wednesday.

All reimbursement checks are mailed to the address provided on the check request form. Check requests submitted by 5pm on Wednesday will be mailed out by the following Wednesday.

If your check is lost for more than a minimum of 10 business days, contact the ASI Accounting Services at immediately.  We will place stop payment and re-issue a replacement check. Please be advised that there may be applicable fees associated with the stop payment.