Interested families can view the Children’s Center tour dates here and students who would like to complete an observation with us can view our guidelines here.
Tours of the Children’s Center are by pre arrangement only. To reserve a space, call the center at 916-278-6216 and ask to be placed on the list. The tours last approximately one hour. We will be going in and out of classrooms and play yards and seeing fun activities. This may be difficult for your child to have to make quick transitions as we tour. Some families find it easier to tour and ask questions without their children, we leave it up to you to decide.
For any questions or to arrange a special tour, contact email@example.com.
Only students from pre-approved courses and
instructors are allowed to complete
The Children’s Center is open for observations: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. on a drop-in basis (except special events/first 2 weeks of a semester)
By using our facility, you agree to adhere to these guidelines.
- Do NOT enter our facility if you have been exposed to COVID, have symptoms of illness (cough, fever, runny nose, etc.)
- If you completed an observation and test positive for COVID within 3 days of the visit, notify the Center immediately (916) 278-6216.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet from the adults and children.
- You must have a photo ID when entering the facility.
- You may not interact with the children nor interview the staff during the observation.
- One observer per classroom for 1 hour. Check back with the front desk if you need more than one hour.
- Exit the classroom for lunch and nap transitions:
- 11:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. for infants (Bambini)
- 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. for 2-5 year olds (La Casita & Casa)
- Observations end at 5:30 pm daily.
- Dress appropriately for a child care setting; no exposed undergarments-cleavage-buttock, no garments/tattoos that scare children or offend families, no strong body odors that offend sensitive adults and children (i.e. cannabis, cigarettes, perfumes, etc).
- You are responsible for your own timekeeping requirements
- Sanitize your hands upon entry into the Center and again when you enter a classroom.
- Stop at the front desk, provide your Student I.D card, for the classroom placement
- Store personal items. Food, beverages, backpacks, electronics, and cell phones are NOT allowed in the classrooms.
- Check-in with the classroom supervisor and stay within sight and sound – never be alone in spaces used by children (classrooms/bathrooms/outdoors, etc.).
- Do not interact with children and stay 6 ft. away from them.
- Try to be invisible by placing your back to a wall, fence, or
Children and staff should not be distracted by your presence in their classroom.
The Center and individual classrooms reserve the right to deny access or ask an observer to leave if their presence interferes with the operations of the classroom.
For interviews, assignments that require interactions, or projects, contact the Associate Director firstname.lastname@example.org and the Director email@example.com .