Following each Monday deadline a listing of applicants approved will be posted along with the amount approved by the following Thursday.
DOC Funding Results
DOC Pie Charts
I’m Approved. Now What?
Clubs with a current Club Agreement Form (CAF) on file with the ASI Business Office can submit reimbursements to email@example.com. Reimbursements received by Wednesday 5PM will be mailed out the following Wednesday. Reimbursement steps will be included in the funding email sent to the President, Treasurer, and Faculty Advisor, as listed on the DOC application through their SacLink Account. The email includes the instructions below and all the forms needed. If you are a club member looking to get reimbursed, please contact your President and/or Treasurer.
Steps To Get Reimbursed
Remember, the DOC grant is a reimbursement funding. The expenses must have taken place after your club has received the email advising the amount of the grant. In accordance with campus and the Chancellor’s Office all non-essential travel is suspended through June 30, 2021.
COVID-19 Operational Practices: The ASI Business Office will be closed for in-person services, but can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to get reimbursed, you are required to show evidence of the following supporting documentation requirements which correspond to your event.
- Only the President, Treasurer or like-officer (the same individuals who filled out the application) may submit check requests for reimbursement. The person who paid will be the person who gets reimbursed.
- The President, Treasurer or like-officer collects all original itemized receipt(s) and supporting documentation from the person(s) who paid. All receipts must list what was purchased and the amount paid. Tip: Restaurants typically give two receipts. One receipt shows what was ordered and another receipt for the amount paid. Both receipts are needed for reimbursement.
- Print/Attach the DOC Funding Application Summary form.
- Print/Attach the DOC Check Request form.
- The President, Treasurer or like-officer fills out a DOC Check Request form for each person who paid (payee). An authorized signer will sign the check request form, and electronically submit to email@example.com
- The President, Treasurer or like-officer must scan the original itemized receipt(s) to a blank 8 1/2 x 11 white piece of paper. Carefully, scan the receipts– all information must be legible.
- Each DOC Check Request must include: the DOC check request form, your clubs DOC Application Summary (attached), itemized receipts, and any supporting documentation. You cannot exceed the amount requested in each category or the total amount granted. Additionally, you will not be reimbursed for a category which funding has not been requested. The President, Treasurer or like-officer should keep track of all the expenditures. Expenditures using DOC funds will not be reimbursed. ASI Accounting Services will also be keeping track of club balances and will assist where it is needed.
The President, Treasurer, or like-officer must submit complete DOC Check Request Form(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any follow-up questions will be conducted via email.
If the Check Request is submitted by 5pm on Wednesday, the check will be ready and mailed on Wednesday of the following week. In collaboration with campus, no onsite pick-ups will be available, as operations have shifted remotely. Checks will be mailed to the address on the check request. Please email us with any questions email@example.com
ASI DOC Supporting Documentation Requirements
- RECEIPTS/INVOICES: Scan and submit all check requests with related documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
CHECK AND CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PURCHASES: In order to protect the individual(s), department(s) and the club/orgs, ASI requires proof of payment on any items paid with check or credit/debit card(s) to prove that the person who made the payment is the person who is reimbursed. If purchases were made with a credit/debit card, a bank statement and/or copy of the credit/debit card will need to be submitted. For security purposes, please provide proof of credit/debit card or bank statement showing ONLY the LAST 4 numbers and the individuals name on the card/statement. This is for security purposes as documents are submitted via email. For payments made by check, a copy of the cashed check is needed– you can get a copy from your bank.
- ADDITIONAL SALES TAX: Any items that were not charged applicable sales tax will be subject to 8.75% sales/use tax. The tax can be paid using DOC dollars if available or paid using the club/organization account (if the clubs is paying indicate this on the Check Request form).
CONTRACTED SERVICES/ENTERTAINMENT: This is the only category of spending that ASI pays the individual/entity directly. Contracted or Outside services are individuals or entities that are not incorporated. You must have each individual/entity fill out and complete a Memorandum of Agreement and IRS W-9 Form and submit these original forms with your check request. The documents are attached. Only two entities on campus, The University Union and University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI), fall under Contracted Services. For payments to the University Union and UEI you do not need to fill out an MOA or a W-9, just the DOC Check Request form. The ASI Business Office will pay University Union or University Enterprises, Inc. DIRECTLY.
AIR OR BUS TRAVEL: Prior to traveling by plane or bus, (capacity over 15 passengers) you must turn in a completed University Travel Waiver form to the ASI Business Office.
6. BOARDING PASSES: Provide your original boarding passes as proof of travel.
7. CONFERENCES: Provide proof of attendance. Example: badge, conference materials.
8. TRAVEL (GAS AND MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT AND CAR RENTAL REIMBURSEMENT): Mileage and gas expenses for a privately owned automobile will be reimbursed using the IRS federal business mileage rate. For reimbursement, submit a map showing total mileage traveled and indicate the names of the individuals traveling and documentation showing proof of purpose of travel (example: proof of conference attendance). Multiply the total mileage traveled by the IRS standard business rate. The rate for 2020 is .575 per mile. For example: 50 miles traveled x .575 = $28.75 reimbursement. For car rentals provide gas receipts and proof of car rental statement. Mileage is computed from either Sac State (6000 J Street) or the traveler’s residence to the destination, whichever is less.
Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) will be abiding by the travel ban set forth under California Government Code 1139.8, which was recently expanded by California Attorney General’s Office. The travel ban now includes the following twelve states: Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, South Carolina, Iowa, Idaho. This will preclude Sacramento State students from utilizing ASI funds appropriated through ASI’s DOC, National Travel and National Championship Funding to travel to states listed above.
9. AUTHORIZED SIGNERS ON THE CHECK REQUEST FORM: The party signing the DOC check request must be an authorized signer on the Club Agreement Form. The authorizing signature on the check request cannot be the same as the individual to be paid.
10. EQUIPMENT PURCHASE: Any time a club request funds to purchase equipment, we need a Faculty or Staff Advisor to provide us a written statement stating they will take responsibility for the equipment and pass the equipment on to future club members. Please have your advisor email our Administrative Assistant at email@example.com before submitting your receipts to the business office.
11. CAN MY CLUB HELP PAY? If expenses exceed the DOC funding category limits, your club can pick up the difference. However, the President, Treasurer or like-officer must indicate the approval of this on the DOC check request form when turning in the check request.
For more information regarding DOC and receiving your funding through the ASI Business Office, call: (916) 278-2231. Their email is firstname.lastname@example.org