All DOC monies for 2022-2023 have been allocated.
For the updated changes to our
DOC guidelines click here.
The purpose of ASI Dollars for Organizations and Clubs (DOC)
grant funding is to support Sac State students in their endeavors
to increase the quality of campus life and learning. ASI DOC
funding reimburses organizations and clubs for money spent on
events, food, promotion, conferences and much more.
Funded events or activities must be open to ALL Sacramento State
students. Funding decisions will not be based on a student
organization’s point of view. An organization must not be denied
funding simply because it advocates a particular
notion. Items/events awarded through DOC cannot be resold or
Who Is Eligible?
Student organizations and clubs at Sacramento State are
eligible to apply for DOC funding. Must be in good standing with
Student Organizations and Leadership (SO&L). Must have a
current and up-to-date, ASI Club Agreement Form (CAF) with the
current President, Treasurer or like-officer on file with ASI
Accounting Services Office. You must resubmit a new CAF
anytime changes occur in authorized signers, club name,
What Is DOC Funding Used For?
Here are a few examples of how clubs and
organizations are using ASI dollars:
- Club promotional items (such as T-shirts, banners, etc.)
- Equipment (tables, chairs and club banner)
- Club banquets
- Graduation paraphernalia
What Is DOC Funding Not Used For?
Unfortunately, clubs or organizations cannot use ASI DOC funds to
support the following activities:
- Any campus events or activities that are not open to
all Sacramento State students.
- Items/events granted through DOC cannot be resold or charged
- Funding is not available, and may not be used, for
honorariums, and/or speaker fees.
- Funding for gifts, gift cards or random drawings are not
- Funding may not be used for any raffles or raffle prizes due
to California State laws.
- If a request is not in compliance with DOC guidelines and/or
generally accepted accounting principles.
- Funding requests for scholarships.
- Expenses for alcohol, tobacco products, recreational drugs,
- Funding requests for donations to other organizations, clubs,
- Funding requests for travel to one of the banned
- Exceeding budgeted DOC funding allocations for fiscal
States Subject to AB 1887’s Travel Prohibition
The complete list of affected states is maintained on the
California State Attorney General’s website, https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887.
NOTE: California Government Code Section 11139.8 prohibits
the use of “state funds”, which include the ARA and SAD grants,
for travel to the states listed on the CA state travel
prohibition list. ARA and SAD grants will, therefore, not
be approved for travel to the following states:
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
How Much Can My Club Be Granted?
Clubs and Organizations are eligible for up to $600 per academic
ASI Travel Funds
ASI is in full compliance with California State Attorney
General’s website, https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887.
- For the National Transportation Fund, the conference
MUST be a national conference held in one location,
one time per academic year.
- For the National Championship Fund, the club /organization,
must have QUALIFIED through a competition to be
eligible for the Championship.
National Transportation Fund Guidelines and Allocations
National Travel Fund application
National Championship Fund Guidelines and Allocations
National Championship Fund application
How Long Do I Have to Claim My Funds?
All requests for reimbursement must be received by June
1st of each academic year.